MEET THE APUTURE AMARAN F22C LED MAT LIGHT.
It is no longer news that the Aputure brand has kept evolution constant over the years with new fixtures and even new functionalities for these fixtures. Adding to this list of new lights is the Amaran mat lights which includes the F21C, F21X, F22C and the F22X. Mat lights have seen a tremendous increase in usage lately so it makes sense that Aputure has jumped into the game to give the field some healthy competition. For the purpose of this post, we would be looking at the Amaran F22C. The F22c RGBWW LED Mat is a powerful, versatile, and flexible LED mat that measures 2 x 2′. It offers outstanding light output and color rendering suitable for a variety of users, from filmmakers to videographers, content creators, and still photographers.
Providing 200W of power, it features RGBWW LEDs for complete color control, as well as tunable CCT from 2500K to 7500K, providing endless possibilities for creative lighting selections through 360° HSI control, 46 color gel presets, and 15 unique customizable lighting effects. It has stellar CRI and TLCI scores of 95+ and 97+, and stepless dimming from 0 to 100%. An included folding X-frame stretches the mat to a rigid panel that can be attached directly to a C-stand grip head using the straight Baby Pin adapter, or onto any standard light stand with the included right angle Baby Pin and tilting stand mount. The included foldable softbox has two strengths of diffusion, and a fabric grid that uses an integrated hook-and-loop fabric to instantly turn this flexible mat into an ultra thin soft light that will add beautifully controlled soft light to a scene.
The control box is a multi-voltage AC power supply that features a V-mount battery plate for use with compatible 14.4V, 26V, or 28.8V batteries. Full output can be achieved when using the AC power supply, using batteries allows the F22c to be used at either half or full power, depending on battery strength.The free Sidus Link app makes it possible to utilize tools unique to the Aputure and amaran ecosystems, such as Source Match, Color Picker, and Custom FX. The F22c can also be controlled using DMX with a separately available USB-C to 5-Pin DMX512 in & out adapter cable, adding professional-level control to an individual unit or groups of lights. The amaran F22c is ideal for videographers who need a versatile and literally flexible lighting solution. The RGBWW flexible panel gives users unmatched strength and control over a wide, expanded CCT range to match a variety of white light environments.
Some other features of Amaran F22C are as follows:
- 200W output
- 2 x 2” RGBWW flexible LED mat
- Color temperature from 2500-7500K
- 15 Built-in Lighting FX- Paparazzi, Lightning, TV, Candle, Fire, Strobe, Explosion, Faulty Bulb, Pulsing, Welding, Cop Car, Color Chase, etc
- CRI: 95+, TLCI: 97+, CQS: 96+
- SSI (Tungsten): 83+, SSI (D56): 74+
- HSI Full Color Control
- Tunable green-magenta adjustment (plus/minus green)
- Stepless dimming from 0 to 100%
- Ultralight LED mat- The F22c is compatible with a wide variety of use cases and excels in on-the-go travel and tight spaces. And as a large, soft light that can fold compactly, it is the perfect close-up key light.
- Sidus Link App control for smartphones & tablets
- DMX control with USB-C to 5-Pin DMX512 in & out adapter cable, separately available